This morning I set about adding a Communicator Web Access (CWA) server to my lab and had a small issue with the integrated Windows authentication piece. Basically, I’d click the sign in button and get a Windows authentication dialog instead of being signed into CWA. Even with valid credentials my login would fail and I’d see an error "Cannot sign in. The password or sign-in address may be incorrect. Make sure that your sign-address matches your user account and try again."
Turns out there a few steps you need to take to make this work:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools | Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click on Local intranet and press the Sites button.
- Uncheck the box Automatically detect intranet network and press the Advanced button.
- Type in the URL for your CWA website, in my case it was https://cwa.confusedamused.com and press Add, Close and then OK.
- Click the Custom level button.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and ensure Automatic logon only in Intranet zone is selected and press OK and OK.
- Refresh the page, click Sign in once more and you should log in no problem.